Who are we?
AMDEA is the UK trade association for manufacturers and distributors of domestic appliances. Our members produce and distribute consumer and commercial appliances across laundry, drying, refrigeration, floor care, heating and cooling and a broad range of small appliances. Our members represent over 80% of the UK domestic appliance market, rising to 95% for large white goods. We are incorporated as a ‘not for profit’ limited liability association, owned and governed by our members.
What is our role?
Our role is to represent our members’ interests and objectives in all matters relating to their trading activities within the UK. We also work closely with our European partner organisation, APPLiA, to ensure that UK interests are represented across the European appliance landscape and that we keep our members informed of all requirements regarding trading across Europe. We exist to enable markets, build networks and influence standards and regulation. Our aim is to always be relevant, credible and influential.
AMDEA has been representing our members’ interests for over 5 decades. We are the ‘Go To’ organisation for all matters relating to the domestic appliance industry, large and small. Our primary role is enabling the most productive trading environment for producers and distributors within the UK.
Our work includes:
- Leading the creation and review of standards and regulation relating to the placing of goods upon the market within standards and regulatory bodies.
- Working closely with UK Government and related bodies such as Consumer Interest Groups, Fire Brigades, Trading Standards; representing members’ interests and providing a conduit though which our members can engage with all stakeholders.
- Promoting the benefits of modern appliances to end users (consumers and commercial) via campaigns and media activity, supporting sales and raising consideration to purchase.
- Running the industry ‘Register my Appliance’ website and portal which exists to encourage consumer registrations of all domestic appliances, allowing households to be contacted in the event of a safety recall or service requirement.
- Market Data. AMDEA run a confidential market intelligence service, providing monthly consolidated sell-in data by key product category, as well as annual market forecasting.
Find out more
Want to understand more about how AMDEA can support your business? Get in touch to arrange for a conversation.
Email us via: email@example.com
Call us via: 020 7405 0666