- Clean the filter regularly. Its job is to prevent leftover food getting into the pump so residue on dishes after a wash might be caused by a clogged filter. It’s an easy job – just take out bottom tray, lift the cylindrical filter out and wash it in warm water. You can prevent an unnecessary repair to your pump by keeping your filter clean.
- Clean the spray arms. These can get blocked with food like rice and sweetcorn. It’s another easy job and means you won’t need to replace the spray arms. Simply pull low tray out and lift the two spray arms out to clean.
- Depending on your machine and hardness of water in your area, you may need to top up on dishwasher salt and rinse aid treatments on a monthly basis. Your machine will probably tell you when you need to do this as most dishwashers have indicators showing when this is needed. Follow your manual instructions for replenishing these products.
- After refilling salt always run a short water rinse to avoid corrosion from any salt spillage.
- For cleaner crockery it’s suggested that you load the bottom rack with dinner plates and pans, with mugs and glasses at the top